idvd lost when upgraded to Lion
    hello all,
    can anyone help please, I have recently upgraded to lion in order to be able to upgrade to iMovie 11 having recently purchased anew HD camera (thats another story), however after many hours of mastering converters I have been able to complete a movie project and then attempted to open IDVD to burn it, only to find IDVD will no longer work, I have tried reinstalling it from my original disks which were installation disks rather than Ilife package. Unfortunately this has not worked, does anyone have any suggestions. The disks i have are Mac osx installation disks 1 and 2.
    If anyone can guide me through reinstalling can it be really simple please, alternatively will I be able to install it from a disk purchased from ebay or amazon, I dont really want to do this as I have bought imovie 11 already.
    all suggestions welcome

The Republic of Neptune
    Supposedly it will work if you get the retail boxed copy of iLife '11. However, iDVD is no longer supported by Apple and is effectively "End of Life". It may be best to look into alternatives going forward.
    ilife - Where is iDVD on Lion? - Ask Different

BTW... just to be clear, you upgraded to Lion, not Mountain Lion?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    My copy of iDVD stayed right where it was through both the upgrade to Lion and to Mountain Lion, and it continues to work as normal.

May I add to this with a follow up question. I have a late 11 macbook pro bought in 2012 it runs on Lion version 10.7.5. I have a project on iMovie that wants to be burned to DVD for my Mum. The help section of the iMovie points me to iDVD but its not on my pro anywhere. How can I burn a DVD she will be able to play in her player without iDVD to convert the project.

Many thanks.

Fort Worth, Texas
    27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    You really should start a new thread rather than tagging on to an old one. However, since iDVD is no longer available from Apple you can use the free "Burn" application which can be downloaded from here.

Thread Information