New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

HD camcorder recording directly to mac hard drive?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jazzfolks

jazzfolks is on a distinguished road

I'm new to the HD camcorder world. I got a good deal today on a JVC GZ-E10 and was told it was mac compatible. I'm able to record video on the SD card and upload to imovie 09 no problem. My question is: Is there a way to record directly from my camera into iMovie onto my hard drive without the SD card? I bought the HD camera to get a better picture over the iSight camera and in order to shoot several hours of high quality video I will need a 32 GB SDHC card or higher. With my old Canon mini DV camcorder via firewire into my Dell I was able to record directly onto my computer's hard drive so I find it frustrating that I cannot do this with my new setup. Or can I? I'm shooting music instructional videos sitting in front of my laptop. If there is a HD camcorder that can do exactly what I need I will return this one. Any help appreciated, thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Not that I know of, with that camera.

Many "pro" cameras (we're talking the $10K level) can do this.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« audio issues in final cut pro X(not in sync) | VLC- activate? »