New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

canon hg20 camcorder on imovie 11

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

WBowling

WBowling is on a distinguished road

Hi guys.

Sorry for making my first post a cry for help, but I was looking for insight into a video compatibility question.

I just purchased a used Canon HG20 camcorder. I checked the iMovie compatibility list before purchasing, but somehow failed to notice iMovie 11 recognizes the PAL version but not the NTSC version. It was a stupid oversight on my part. Oddly, iMovie 8 supports the Canon HG20.

I was hoping there is some kind of work-around that will allow me to import the video files into iMovie. Right now iMovie does not even acknowledge the presence of the video files when I put the SD card into the slot.

I'm running a Macbook Pro with OS 10.7.4. I would rate my tech capabilities as middle-of-the-road; I'm not an AV professional (obviously), but I'm not completely incompetent either.

Thanks,
Will
QUOTE Thanks
Sur3Mac

Sur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the roughSur3Mac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Late 2011 MBP 13" i5/16GB RAM,Early 2007 MB white 13", 2x TV 3rd Gen, ᣦ

To import MTS, M2TS files to iMovie, you have to convert MTS files to iMovie MP4, DV, etc.
It's not free, but it does the job nicely...

AVCHD Converter for Mac Software, Convert AVCHD Video to iMovie,iPhone,QuickTime on Mac (Lion included)
I would try the trial version 1st, as I'm not sure it's compatible with Mountain Lion.

Ibanezi.
QUOTE Thanks
codda

codda is a jewel in the roughcodda is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G

"............
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« HD Video Cameras for New MacBook pro | Need your feedback for online video archiving service »