New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Can't play videos from iphoto '08 on Leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mrsfliss

mrsfliss is on a distinguished road

Hi - I have updated software for my iPhoto 08 to version 7,1,5 and now I can't play videos - which I could before by just clicking on the play icon in the centre of the image. They appear as still image with a little movie symbol bottom left but no way of playing them! I also don't know where else they might have uploaded to - can't search as there is no name visible.

Also the still photos don't appear in grid form anymore - so it's hard to find and select anything.

Anyone know what has happened and what can I do about it?
I have an imac4 running Leopard 10.5.8
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Have you tried double clicking?
QUOTE Thanks
mrsfliss

er - Yes!
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

er, OK but you didn't say that in your post.
QUOTE Thanks
mrsfliss

Hi again - thanks for your help but i have tried everything obvious without success including double clicking - they will play if I drag them to the quicktime icon in the dock - but this is clunky. I know it is not working as it is supposed to.

I also found that I can drag them onto the desktop and then into iTunes where they will play - but this is surely not how it is meant to work.

If anyone knows what is wrong I would appreciate some advice. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
mrsfliss

I now can't even drag them onto the desktop! Can anyone please Help?

I wondered if it was my version of Quicktime (7) so tried uninstalling and downloading the older version i used to have - but it wouldn't let me. If it is iPhoto - how can I go back to the version that was ok before updating? I'm afraid to uninstall incase I lose my photos and videos.

Anyone out there that can help me please?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to take audio out from still frames | Nvidia Quadro FX5600 Video Card in a Mac Pro 2.1 »