New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iMovie to FCP X for blu ray burn

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

micaerin

micaerin is on a distinguished road

I've recently got an External Blu Ray burner, and i know iMovie does not support Blu ray but Final cut pro does. i have exported an iMovie project into Final cut pro thinking i could just then burn it straight to Blu Ray. the problem is i have lost a few things like fonts and the spinning globe at the start, also the map is not supported. Am i missing something or is this just the way it is. if so any other options to get my HD iMovie projects burnt to a blu ray in 1080p.
Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Why not Export from iMovie as a movie at 720/1080 and then import that into FCP?
QUOTE Thanks
micaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGem View Post
Why not Export from iMovie as a movie at 720/1080 and then import that into FCP?
Never thought of that but to be clear,export as 1080p to my iTunes library and then import into Final cut pro, can i import from my iTunes library? ill give it a go

Thanks for the reply
QUOTE Thanks
micaerin

just an update, i tried the way listed above and it would let me do it,i selected blu ray option and it started processing, but i left it for 11 hours processing with it still saying another 13 hours to go. i was trying to convert 2 HD clips totalling 23 mins. so not sure if i was doing something wrong. if not its not really a viable option. so i tried using toast with the HD plug in which worked a treat. it took just over an hour to process, I also added photo slideshows totalling 20 Gig. took 30 mins to burn.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Transferring video from IPAD 2 | Shortening clips less than .1s? »