New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Final Cut Pro questions

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

teehext

teehext is on a distinguished road

I have some footage of a sunset that I want to fast forward and reverse to use as a transition in a project I'm working on with Final Cut Pro. Does anybody know how to manipulate the footage like that? So for example, the sun would go up and back down again. I've looked through Final Cut Pro but can't seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Tyler
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

You've got this posted in the wrong topic - you may want to request to have it moved to the movies and videos topic.

You'll want to specify which version of FCP you're using because the process may be different between FCP6/7 and FCPX. In FCP6/7 you can just set the clip to play in reverse (I haven't had a huge need for it, if I recall correctly, it's available via a right click menu for the clip on the timeline and selecting change speed)

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mew to Mac: MBA 13 owner with movies questions | Lost my DVD burning unlocker code doing reinstall »