Specs:
    Macbook Pro, Mabook Air, Ipad Mini Retina, Ipad Air2, Airport Time Capsule, 2x Iphone 6
    Converting .mov???
    Is there any way whatsoever to cnvert .mov files? My wife uses a pc and my quicktime movies ar impossible to play on her pc. I am about to trash my quicktime 7.0.3. I need to convert them from .mov files. Playing them on her pc as .mov files is not an option, we need to convert them. Preferable to .wmv files. Anything other than .mov would be better than what we are stuck with now. Very disappointed with the new quicktime update.

joeytomatoes
    Does the PC have QT 7 also ? If not get it.

lil
    iMovie if you haven't upgraded to QT pro 7.

QT 7 isn't on Windows - yet. If you have Quicktime Pro you can also convert to as standard some basic AVIs. If you get the DivX codec, that's possible too.

Vicky

Specs:
    2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi
    Cool
    A windows version of quicktime 7.0.3 is available. I am running it on my work PC.

It would be easier to have her down load the windows version.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!

lil
    Oh, well it must have been released. Do apologise :flower:

I just don't use PCs so I hadn't noticed hehe.

Vicky

Specs:
    Macbook Pro, Mabook Air, Ipad Mini Retina, Ipad Air2, Airport Time Capsule, 2x Iphone 6
    My whole point is, I don't want it in quicktime format on the pc. I need something to convert the movies prior to moving them off the mac. I need to be able to upload movies to a website that does not support .mov files as well. Quicktime on the pc is useless. I need to do more than just play them on the wife's pc. i need them playable on family and friends pc's. I HATE QUICKTIME!!!

Specs:
    iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by jaster
    My whole point is, I don't want it in quicktime format on the pc. I need something to convert the movies prior to moving them off the mac. I need to be able to upload movies to a website that does not support .mov files as well. Quicktime on the pc is useless. I need to do more than just play them on the wife's pc. i need them playable on family and friends pc's. I HATE QUICKTIME!!!
    I believe in QuickTime you can export to AVI and MPEG.

Quote Originally Posted by jaster View Post
    Is there any way whatsoever to cnvert .mov files? My wife uses a pc and my quicktime movies ar impossible to play on her pc. I am about to trash my quicktime 7.0.3. I need to convert them from .mov files. Playing them on her pc as .mov files is not an option, we need to convert them. Preferable to .wmv files. Anything other than .mov would be better than what we are stuck with now. Very disappointed with the new quicktime update.
    You have two choices, they are both free, but one has an annoying message (if you do not register it, which means pay for it). First, is to convert on you Mac using ffmpegX (download is located at http://www.pure-mac.com/video.html#ffmpegx). Your second option is to convert it on her PC using SUPER (download is located at http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html). Use ffmpegX, if and only if you want to convert your file into MPG (this format should play on PC). If you just want it in WMV, put SUPER onto her computer. All you need to do for either one is drag the file you want to convert and tell it what format you want it in and tell it to encode the video.

Honestly, .wmv sucks so much. .mpg, and .mov is the way to go. There must be some user error because .mov files should play just fine in quicktime. Make sure its the latest update.

Specs:
    MacBook
    I just checked the freshness date on this thread...*sniff*, yeah.. its expired.

:black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Thread Information