Uninstall Final Cut Express?
    So I have Final Cut Express on my Macbook (the aluminum model that ran for a short time), but I more recently got Final Cut Pro when Express randomly stopped working for some reason. It's Final Cut Express 1.0, so it likely has something to do with when I upgraded to Snow Leopard, but that's not important; I have no use for it. I would like to uninstall it.

Unfortunately, in trying to look up how to uninstall it, everything I can find deals with Final Cut Express HD or with the entire Final Cut Studio, and since I have Final Cut Pro I don't want to go around deleting studio programs I actually need for Pro.

Anyone know how I would go about uninstalling and deleting Final Cut Express?

Specs:
    iMac 2010 27" QuadI7 OSX10.11, iMac 2008 OSX10.11, MBP Late2011OSX10.11 , iPad Air, iPhone 3GS
    Pretty much all you have to do is take the Final Cut Express from the Apps folder and throw it in and trash and empty. There might be a few folders in documents. Just enter Final Cut Express in Spotlight and it will find those and you can trash them. Everything else is in the Final Cut Express file which is a container. Right Click on FCE and select Show Package Contents and if will show you all the files in that container.

Quote Originally Posted by dtravis7 View Post
    Pretty much all you have to do is take the Final Cut Express from the Apps folder and throw it in and trash and empty. There might be a few folders in documents. Just enter Final Cut Express in Spotlight and it will find those and you can trash them. Everything else is in the Final Cut Express file which is a container. Right Click on FCE and select Show Package Contents and if will show you all the files in that container.
    That file alone just seems so small; I would expect Final Cut to take up a bit more space than that. I figured there were tons of program files or something. But okay, if that's it, I'll just do that. Thanks.

As a side note, if I wanted to get rid of some of the other stuff from the Final Cut Studio, like Motion, that are just taking up space and that I never use, would that be wise? I don't know if it would limit Final Cut's abilities or anything, or what I need to do to get rid of them.

Thread Information