New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Play one video after the other in iDVD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

john.golfin

john.golfin is on a distinguished road

How do I set up iDVD so that Movie B starts to play automatically after Movie A without returning to the menu? User clicks on Movie A and sees it and then Movie B and then is returned to menu.

The reason for this: I have a large iMovie project which iMovie cannot export to a single HD 1080p MOV file for import into iDVD. I now have to try spiltting my project into 2 or more parts and export a HD 1080p MOV file for each part. I then import the parts into iDVD and string them together so that they play as a single movie when the user clicks on Movie A.

I am running the latest version of iMovie11: 9.0.4 (1634) and iDVD 7.1.2 (1158). My raw project is 116 MB and 66min in size. I am working on a 15.4inch MacBook Pro I bought in Jan 2009 with the following spec: Mac OS X version 10.6.8, Processor is 3.06 GHz Intel Core2 Duo, Memory is 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 with 250GB solid state drive and 120GB free.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Don't bother exporting your movie as a 1080p MOV file, because using iDVD, you can't burn an HD DVD.
Quote:
To record moving pictures, DVD-Video uses either MPEG-2 compression at up to 9.8 Mbit/s (9,800 kbit/s) or MPEG-1 compression at up to 1.856 Mbit/s (1,856 kbit/s).

The following formats are allowed for MPEG-2 video:

At 25 frame/s, interlaced (commonly used in regions with 50 Hz image scanning frequency - PAL):

720 576 pixels (same resolution as D-1)
704 576 pixels
352 576 pixels (same as the China Video Disc standard)

At 29.97, interlaced (commonly used in regions with 60 Hz image scanning frequency - NTSC):

720 480 pixels (same resolution as D-1)
704 480 pixels
352 480 pixels (same as the China Video Disc standard)

The following formats are allowed for MPEG-1 video:

352 288 pixels at 25 frame/s, progressive (Same as the VCD Standard)
352 240 pixels at 29.97 frame/s, progressive (Same as the VCD Standard)
DVD-Video - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You'll need something like Roxio's Toast if you want HD dvds.
Roxio Toast 11 Family - DVD Burning - Video Conversion - Music and Video Capture for Mac

If you want to stay with iDVD then just send it straight to iDVD using iMovie's Share menu. At 66 minutes, it will fit on a standard dvd.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Final Cut Express importing | Video Editing software advice »