New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Imovie exports to itunes instead of my desktop! WTF!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

USMousie

USMousie is on a distinguished road

I tried to export my imovie project/film to my desktop. It specifically gave me that option. But when I looked for it I could not find it. When I used Searchlight I found it in itunes.

WTF? I don't want it in itunes, why would I? I don't even see a way in itunes to export it to Facebook and youtube, which is what I simply wanted to do. Why would it choose to do this stupid thing on its own (was it simply because itunes was open at the time?) without asking?

Help : (((( people are waiting for this awesome clip of a red squirrel taking a spaz!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

iMovie doesn't export to iTunes unless you either tell it to (under the "Share" menu) or (much more likely) you selected the "Media Browser" option, which makes the movie available to other iLife apps (like iTunes).

To export to YouTube or Facebook, just open iMovie again, select the project, and use the "Share" menu and select YouTube (and let that export) and then Facebook (and let that export).

Under that same menu, you'll see a *different* option to export ("Export Movie" or command-e). From THERE you have to choose size and location (like desktop), but of course you'll have already sent the movie where you wanted it to go.

QUOTE Thanks
southchatham

southchatham is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2006 macbook, 2009 mac mini

Why would you want it on your desktop? Just for quiker access, then just drag the file right onto your desktop.
QUOTE Thanks
USMousie

I have read that there are problems exporting directly to FB and youtube so I just wanted to do it directly from the desktop. Also I thought that was how to be able to make a copy for a DVD. But I see there is an option for iDVD directly. The only reason to make a desktop copy is in order to email it to someone, I guess??

Thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

A video is likely to be FAR too big to email. I know what you mean about Facebook. The dialogue box that comes up doesn't accept my Facebook details, so I go via the desktop.
QUOTE Thanks
USMousie

Ok I believe it worked for youtube but there is no option in my imovie for Facebook. Is it maybe that I need an upgrade? Is Facebook a recent feature?

I have imovie '09 8.0.6.

tx!
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Yes, I think they added it in iMovie '11.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« viewer window | Help extracting flv? content from 1 website »