New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iMovie convert to MP-4

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mach3Plus

Mach3Plus is on a distinguished road

Handbrake will not accept iMovie file for conversion so I can put it into MP-4 for iTunes so I can get it onto my iPad.....any info. New here so haven't researched every thread out there, thanks M3P
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

You should be able to export an iTunes/iOS friendly file from iMovie. I no longer have iMovie installed but one of the export options should be something that is setup to be optimized for iOS devices. What are you presented with when you go to export your final project?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

iMovie has its own export capability, you may want to explore that (it can export with various options, one of which should be compatible with the iPad - I don't use iMovie generally so I can't tell you which one is best to use). If you're attempting to load the iMovie project package in Handbrake, it won't work - it's not a traditional video file that you can just load into a program that converts codecs/containers.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

You can Share from iMovie11 to iTunes via the Share menu.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« layering video clips | How Do You Strip Audio from an existing video? »