New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Imovie 11 - File name appears on video

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KenbottFACE

KenbottFACE is on a distinguished road

Hi Guys,
ive got to export about 30 movies for a client and when i export via Imovie 11,
all the videos display the file name for the first 3 seconds of the video.
how can i remove this?
ive looked all through preferences etc and have no idea
Thanks in advance.
Ken
QUOTE Thanks
Stan Arnold

Stan Arnold is on a distinguished road

This looks to be a major flaw. Why did anyone think it was a good idea? I'm re-loading the video back into FCP and will redo the title sequence. Mac - nice packaging, shame about the software.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Never heard of that before. It's certainly never happened to me.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

This is not a feature in iMovie -- it's not even possible in fact without you manually adding this information.

Try checking the footage in another program (QuickTime Player, VLC etc). It could be that the camera burned that info on your footage (this would be a setting on the camera that can be turned off). If not, have a look at your Universal Access settings, you may be having an "overlay" come on (not on the actual footage) for identification purposes for those with disabilities.
QUOTE Thanks
actionalaskan

actionalaskan is on a distinguished road

Click on Window, Movie Properties, Settings, and finally make sure automatic content is deselected. This should ensure the file name does not appear in the first few seconds of the video.
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenbottFACE View Post
Hi Guys,
ive got to export about 30 movies for a client and when i export via Imovie 11,
all the videos display the file name for the first 3 seconds of the video.
how can i remove this?
ive looked all through preferences etc and have no idea
Thanks in advance.
Ken
Unless you put the name at the front of the movie yourself. It is QuickTime or VLC (or what ever video program your using) displaying the file name for the first few seconds. So unless you want to run to your clients house and turn off his settings. I wouldn't worry about it. Its not your doing.

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks
Exodist

Exodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the roughExodist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, dual 23" LED Displays

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
This is not a feature in iMovie -- it's not even possible in fact without you manually adding this information.

Try checking the footage in another program (QuickTime Player, VLC etc). It could be that the camera burned that info on your footage (this would be a setting on the camera that can be turned off). If not, have a look at your Universal Access settings, you may be having an "overlay" come on (not on the actual footage) for identification purposes for those with disabilities.
Chas makes a point I overlooked. Check the raw footage and make sure the camera didn't burn in a filename or even a date stamp.. But being you mentioned only first 30 seconds, more then likely its just the media player you, he or she is using to display the file. All mine do it. Its annoying, but I dont bother changing it.

NEW!! Exodist Photography Video Blog
***If someone helps you, please don't forget to use the reputation system.***
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« The Godfather Trilogy | iMovie 11 and Export Functions »