New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

No Audio In MPEG Streamclip (1.9.2+ issue!)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

viciousmonkey

viciousmonkey is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" MBP Standard - 2.26GHz Intel Core2Duo 2GB Ram

So, I was reading this post: No audio in Mpeg streamclip - MacRumors Forums
Yeah.
So I'm essentially having the same problem with an .AVI to ProRes 422 .MOV conversion... no audio (in any format). HandBrake converts them to mp4's just fine with AAC preset.

Someone on that thread on MacRumors said that downloading the old version is the answer to this, however the link they gave doesn't work anymore. Does anyone have either a 1.9.1 they could wrap up and put on a download link or a working link that already exists?

I have Perian, Flip4Mac, and all the Final Cut X pro Codecs (Just bought it). I have also followed suggestions about Audio PID drop-down menus to no avail.

I have no other option at this point because the only thing that converts with audio is HandBrake! (in cruddy 480p mp4 files, then back to ProRes with MPEG Streamclip)

HELP ME, PLEASE!

-Tyler

MacBook Pro 13|2GB|Toshiba Camileo X100
Final Cut X|Photoshop CS5|
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Organizing and indexing video clips | hi def movies on tv »