Recording Video Gameplay
    I play several video games, and I would like to record my gameplay onto my computer in a better way than just with a video camera aimed at the screen. I am aware of several products that can record gameplay, but they seem to be solely PC compatible. Are there any products of which anyone knows that could fulfill my desires? Thanks in advance.

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    I am not up on the video connections available on current game systems so take this with a grain of salt. It would help to know which Mac and camera you have. Also do you have iMovie?

Two possibilities occurred to me though there may be others.

1. Use the camera but not by pointing it at the screen. Check your manual to see if it supports video pass thru. If it does the camera may be able to take the signal from the game system and send it to the computer where it can be picked up by iMovie.

2. Some of the ElGato TV capture hardware will work to capture game play. See this thread for example Can I connect my PlayStation 3, Wii, or XBox 360 to EyeTV Hybrid?.

There are other products out there designed to capture video such as the Canopus line of devices that may also work.
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    There are a huge number of screen-recording apps, including Screenium, Snapz Pro X, and Screenflow among others. Various levels of price.

Specs:
    MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
    Quicktime works too if have Snow Leopard.
    死神はリンゴしか食べない。

Specs:
    2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.11, 8 GB mem, iPhone 6+
    Am I misunderstanding something? I thought the OP wanted to record game play from a game console onto the computer. Will the screen recording apps mentioned do that?
    "Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling

Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
    Am I misunderstanding something? I thought the OP wanted to record game play from a game console onto the computer. Will the screen recording apps mentioned do that?
    doesn't say console anywhere. I think he means he couldn't find any Mac-compatible ones, only PC.
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Specs:
    15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
    Dont trust it, use local ads and private cash payments. nothing's completely secure.
    If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
    Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth

Thread Information