Converting BDMV Folders to BRDs
    Hey all, so all my family's events for the last couple of years are in BDMV folders (my uncle and aunt make movies professionally) and they've been uploaded to their server.

I was thinking it would be cool if instead of having to burn them to a disk, we could just mount them or watch them in HD.

I know Toast Titanium can do a really good job at converting them to disk images or playable things, but I'm wondering if there's any way to do it without downloading and uploading all those files (ahh!).

It seems like it might be impossible, but I thought I might as well ask.

If anyone knows of something they could install/use on the server that would be cool too!

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    I have to stop you at the concept of burning them to a disk. Macs don't support Blu Ray, (there's kind of a hacky workaround where Toast kinda-sorta supports it, for an extra fee over and above the program cost), so in terms of disks all you are realistically going to be able to do easily is convert those files to standard definition and burn them to a "movie" DVD.

Your other option is to get an AppleTV and stream the files to your HDTV. You'll still need to convert them to a standard computer format (like MP4), but at least you'll keep them in 1080i (not p, sorry) goodness.

Thank you, but I'm not talking about burning them to a disk from my Mac. I'm just talking about making disk images as files on my Mac.

Also, I believe you can burn them to Blurays with an external drive and Toast.

Thank you for your help, hope someone can help me convert these from my server!

Thread Information