New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iMac's powerful enough for Final Cut Pro?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rustydogg

Rustydogg is on a distinguished road

hi Folks,

I've been PC-based for many years, but need to make the leap from working with Standard video to High Def.

I'm thinking of working with Final Cut Pro, but don't have a huge budget for the layout.

I'm wondering if the new iMac's (dual or quad core) are powerful enough to work with Final Cut? (using HD video). I'm not doing huge mega productions, more like 6 to 10 min music based videos.

Thanks for any feedback.

Rusty
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

Any of the current model iMacs and even the previous model iMac will be plenty to work with Final Cut Pro. Of course, the better the hardware the lower the compiling times.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Air 2 128 GB LTE, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
wozman11

wozman11 is on a distinguished road

The new macs will have no problem with HD, even older models can handle workin with hd video.

If you're looking to buy Final Cut Studio, I found a brand new unopened copy of it on ebay and saved myself hundreds of dollars. Its installed and works perfectly. So i would suggest looking there first.
QUOTE Thanks
ivanmarkchang

ivanmarkchang is on a distinguished road

I have been editing hd video on a core 2 duo MacBook with no issues. the rendering times are a bit longer than it would be on an i7 quad core, but it does the job

the newer iMacs are more than enough for what your needs are
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Removing audio from imovie 09' | HDMI and iMac »