New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iMovie 11 exporting help

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

MsGold

MsGold is on a distinguished road

I created the movie then exported to the Quicktime format on my desktop. 4 hours later, the movie is NOWHERE. Can anyone help out there? Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Export it again, and it should indicate in the dialogue box where on your Mac that it is being saved to.
QUOTE Thanks
MsGold

MsGold is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your suggestion, however, that's what I did, twice. The movie is nowhere to be found. Seriously. After 8 hours (twice)! Any other folks have any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Why do you state 4 hours? That's a long time to export a movie. How long is it? Are you sure that it is being saved to your Desktop? Have you done a Spotlight search to see if it is anywhere else?
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

Are you 100% sure you "Shared" to a Quick Time and not "Finalized?"

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
DenAtTheDBM

DenAtTheDBM will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Black 13.3" MacBook 4,1 Intel Core2 Duo, 4Gigs Ram (2x2G), 2.4GHz, OS X 10.7.2

I believe the default is /Users/[username]/Movies
where [username] is the name you log into OS X as.

But as stated above, just go to "Share->Export to QuickTime" and see what it says in the dialog box. You don't have to actually export it again. Just look at where it would export to, then use Finder to check and see if that's where it put the first (and second) one.
QUOTE Thanks
djarka

djarka is on a distinguished road

I have been having the same issues as what the OP has. I have checked to where I have saved the file, nothing. I also did a quick search in Finder after it saved and still, nothing. I'm wondering if there is a glitch on iMovie itself?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« A novice to video editing | Home DVD creation?? »