New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Downloading Final Cut Express from the Adobe Website?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

KU_B

KU_B is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27 (05/2011), Core i7 3.4, 16 GB RAM / iPhone 4 / iPod Classic Video 80GB

New Mac user here ....

Am I overlooking something? Is there any major disadvantage from downloading Final Cut Express from the Adobe website?

$50 there vs $200 in store?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

1. Adobe does not sell Final Cut Express.

2. You cannot get Final Cut Express from the real Adobe web site.

3. That is not the Adobe website. This is Adobe's website.

4. That is some Russian or former soviet block country or China website selling pirated software. They have not paid a penny to Adobe, Apple or anyone else for the software they are selling.

Read the fine print- some of these sites use to tell you right in their FAQ section that you could not register the software with the developer or get updates from the developer - everything has to be done through them. Now they've removed that part and only tell you that you can do that unless it says otherwise in the text file you get after you give them your money, which of course, that's what it'll say. Because if you go to register or update, the software will likely not work again.

And yeah, that was me that removed the link from your post.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
KU_B

KU_B is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27 (05/2011), Core i7 3.4, 16 GB RAM / iPhone 4 / iPod Classic Video 80GB

Glad I asked. Thanks!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« MPLAYERX Playing video but I cannot see it? | Redirected Videos Don't Play »