New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Question About Video Editing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ennui

First I would like to say hello to everyone here on this forum as this is my first post here. NOW down to it lol..
My question is i am wanting to make a training vid and I was wondering if anyone out there knew of any program that would capture what I am doing on screen along with audio...? :confused: :confused:
QUOTE Thanks
RobDreugan

It really depends how in depth you want to go. Technically speaking imovie should be enough. If you want to have some more control over things, I'd probably get a copy of Adobe Premiere, although as a video editor I despise that software, only because I need a more stable, faster, well designed program like Final Cut Pro 4, which I use now.

But if you just need something simple, again imovie should be good enough.
QUOTE Thanks
ennui

First thanks for your time in replying but you misunderstood my question. I have no need of a video editor as i have both premiere and final cut . The question is getting a program that captures what i am doing on screen such as this program for windows <<<<look here >>>>
again thanks for your time
QUOTE Thanks
RobDreugan

O, i see what yer saying. No I don't know of any software that's going to capture exactly what yer doing on screen, but if you had a 3chip camera available and adjusted the f-stop to make sure there's no flicker on the screen, then you could film yourself doing it, with a close up on the screen.

But I'm unaware of software that would do that effectively. It's possible there's software that could do it well, but I wonder how good it could run when I'd assume alot of resources are necessary to capture video in general, let alone copy what yer doing in a program that would need its' own resources.

*shrug*
QUOTE Thanks
RobDreugan

Looking over that link, I suppose that Camtasia software could be a good buy, the website tour certainly makes it look that way.

I'd look into downloading the demo if I were you. Also, hell if yer making money off of these training videos, I'd prolly buy the software.
QUOTE Thanks
ennui

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDreugan
Looking over that link, I suppose that Camtasia software could be a good buy, the website tour certainly makes it look that way.

I'd look into downloading the demo if I were you. Also, hell if yer making money off of these training videos, I'd prolly buy the software.
yea its pretty cool I have it on my pc but it does not work on a mac
QUOTE Thanks
MacAddikt

MacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of lightMacAddikt is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: G52x1.81.53208x+/-

you mean something like Screen Movie Recorder, Screen Record and ScreenTool ?

QUOTE Thanks
Emrys

Emrys is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM

I believe this is what you're looking for : http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/

Emrys
Community Administrator / Moderator
MAC-FORUMS.COM - The Ultimate Source For Your Mac!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« DVD VIDEO_TS --> DV/NTSC | Not enough room on DVD disc for my converted VHS movie »