New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

video transfer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

crimsonhooch

crimsonhooch is on a distinguished road

I recorded a video on my iphone 4. I synced it to itunes on my PC. I transferred the video from my iphone 4 to my PC. I can not figure out how to transfer the video from my PC to my ipad 1st generation. I have put it in my dropbox app but it is choppy. I can not get it saved locally to the ipad. Please help! Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
crimsonhooch

anybody know?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

The fastest and easiest way is with the camera connection kit for the iPad. When you attach the iPhone, the Photos app on the iPad will launch and allow you to import your photos and videos from the camera roll of the iPhone.

Am sure there is a way to do it using iTunes, but I do not use Windows for syncing, so am not sure my advice would be accurate there.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
crimsonhooch

So I guess I will have to try and import it to the iPhone and then connect it to the iPad.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonhooch View Post
So I guess I will have to try and import it to the iPhone and then connect it to the iPad.
If you know how to import it via iTunes to your iPhone, it would import exactly the same way to the iPad.

Have you imported the video into iTunes?

QUOTE Thanks
crimsonhooch

The video has been imported into itunes on my PC. I am not sure how to get it back onto my Iphone4. I just assumed that since it came from the iphone it could go back onto it.
QUOTE Thanks
Cwallyman

Cwallyman is on a distinguished road

If you have a jailbroken iPhone you can download ifile from cydia and in ifile you can ssh you mov file to var/mobile/media/dcim/100apple and then when it's done hit the blue arrow next to that file and scroll to the bottom and hit "Add to camera roll" good luck please share with all.
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

I have not experimented with moving video from iPhone and onto another iDevice. If I can remember, will give it a shot tonight and see what I can figure out. Process should be close enough between OS X and Windows.

You could try opening up iTunes - with your iPad connected - I think... head for the apps tab and I believe at the bottom is an option for transferring files. Or just move the video into iTunes and then sync it from the movies tab.

QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

Here it is on my Mac - should be quite similar with iTunes in Windows...
Have you ever synced any video to your phone or iPad? It syncs exactly the same as any other video.

I used Picasa to import the video from my iPhone into my Movies folder.
I then opened up iTunes, went to File - Import to iTunes - directed it at the video and iTunes imports it into it's Movies folder.

Once done, I connected the iPad and selected it in the sidebar, headed for the Movies tab, placed a check next to the video and synced - done.

It can also be done via drag and drop from the Movies folder directly to the iPad.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« first video editing attempt, imovie11 | imovie error »