New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iDVD - any way to stop it from loading prev proj?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jkr77

jkr77 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" i7 quad core, 8GB, 2TBHD, ATI 5750

Hi all,

While I've looked at a bunch of threads on iDVD (I have 7.1.1 on my new imac 27) I cant seem to help but thinking that this application is a total pig. I dont own anything other than Toast Titanium v 10 (which is also slow) but I never thought Id come across an app that performs this badly on a quad core i7.

My biggest issue right now is how do I prevent iDVD from opening my previous video project? I have been making DVDs of downloaded shows for family and at the painful conclusion to burning the DVDs (11 hours in some cases) I close iDVD. Next day, I fire it up to burn another disc and it literally takes iDVD 25 minutes to launch as it reopens the previous day's project. ARGHHHHH. Why? I closed it. Why not open the main menu and let me decide if I want to re-open an old project? And why should it take 25 min to launch a fully-rendered project anyway?

This app has been the one and only blemish on my new mac ownership. Please tell me its being radically overhauled

/rant OFF/

Thanks

iMac 27" i7 quad core / 8GB RAM / 2TB HD / 5750 ATI
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Quote:
Why not open the main menu and let me decide if I want to re-open an old project?
Hmm...that's what it should do. You should get a panel giving the option to start a new project, open an old one etc.
QUOTE Thanks
jkr77

jkr77 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" i7 quad core, 8GB, 2TBHD, ATI 5750

MightyGem, you were right and I solved this one on my own. What I needed to do at the completion of a project was click 'Close Window' (that closes the project, apparently) because if you shut down with a project window open, it reopens it. Now I know.

Of course, everything about iDVD is still painfully slow. A simple action like dragging a movie file into a project, locks it up for 5 minutes or more (spinning beachball) Overall, not impressed with iDVD

iMac 27" i7 quad core / 8GB RAM / 2TB HD / 5750 ATI
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem exporting Keynote to Quicktime | Flip4Mac audio loss »