Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   Movies and Video (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/movies-video/)
-   -   DVD Burning -- HELP! (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/movies-video/232676-dvd-burning-help.html)

loren.delong 03-17-2011 03:43 PM

DVD Burning -- HELP!

I want to burn DVD's from my iTunes onto discs and send them to my brother. He would only be watching them on another Mac computer, not in a DVD player.

How can I do this and be sure that they will actually play on his computer?

hw96Lgb 03-17-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loren.delong (Post 1204112)
I want to burn DVD's from my iTunes onto discs and send them to my brother. He would only be watching them on another Mac computer, not in a DVD player.

If your brother downloads VLC or MPlayer he will be able to play the vast majority of video files on his computer.

loren.delong 03-17-2011 03:53 PM

So how should I go about burning the DVD? Do I need to download anything or just put in a disc, drag the movie onto it and hit burn?

XicoXperto 03-17-2011 04:40 PM

Let me see if i understood correctly.
If you just wanna give him the files to played only on the computer, u can burn files into a DVD in data format. (I Burn my DVDs with the app "Burn", you can get it here Burn)

If you're in contact with him, its easiest to put all that you want into a Pen, and borrow it.

For watching in a DVD player, in Burn just choose video and burn it.

robduckyworth 03-19-2011 01:20 AM

If you pass him the videos on a USB stick, they will have the same DRM on them, and therefore his computer would need to be authorised on your itunes account to play them.

XicoXperto 03-19-2011 09:55 AM

oh didnt remember that. xD

hw96Lgb 03-19-2011 10:30 AM

Perhaps ripping the DVDs and sending playable files instead of DVDs to your brother would be simpler? You can use the free trial period of apps like Mac DVD Ripper or Ripit to do that at no cost to you. Handbrake is also a good alternative, but has a more complex user interface.

robduckyworth 03-19-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virgeist (Post 1204870)
Perhaps ripping the DVDs and sending playable files instead of DVDs to your brother would be simpler? You can use the free trial period of apps like Mac DVD Ripper or Ripit to do that at no cost to you. Handbrake is also a good alternative, but has a more complex user interface.

remember, no copyright only ;)

cwa107 03-19-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loren.delong (Post 1204112)

Just a bit of clarification.... when you say "DVDs", are you referring to DVDs that you've ripped and imported into iTunes, or videos that you've purchased from the iTunes Store?