Problem getting iMovie 9 tutorial to work
    I'm trying to do my first movie project. I had a flip out camcorder that came with Divx software. All the video clips were AVI. I tried installing the Divx software but could not get the AVI clips to run.I tried importing my AVI clips into my iMovie but that didn't work; so, I tried running the iMovie tutorial and the following box:

“Divx Plus Web Player

The file you are trying to play has failed to finish downloading and can no longer play”

After the box went off all I got was the audio and no video.

I thought part of the problem might've been that when I installed the Divx software it became the default; so, I uninstalled the Divx and tried to run the iMovie tutorial again–same problem sound but no video. I have since got a better camcorder and want to download the movies but I don't know how to use iMovie as the tutorial will not work. Can you suggest how I can get the audio and video on the iMovie 9 tutorial to work

Texas, where else?
    15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
    Try here - link.
    I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
    In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
    And here: iMovie 09

Thanks you for the help but it did not solve the problem. I cannot get the iMovie 9 tutorial to work properly. I can get the audio but no video. I think I will uninstall the iMovie and then reinstall with the disks that came with the system.

bobtomay, in an earlier reply, you mentioned that it might be that I had Divx as my default. You were right. I found in utilities and uninstalled Divx and now the videos are playing. Thanks, ironside44

Thread Information