New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Toast 6 Reports -- Result Code = -18771 (problem with source material)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mykel242

"Could not record the disc because there is a problem with the source material. Result Code = -18771"

Anyone seen this -- I got it trying to Burn a DVD from a working VIDEO_TS folder. I've watched this whole video using the Apple DVD Player pointed at the folder.... but Toast gacks on it... Is this Copy protection? I own the original DVD.

-- elf --
QUOTE Thanks
ashley760

ashley760 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Power Mac G4 1.25 GHz Dual, 1Gig of Ram, Super Drive, Combo Drive, 20" flat panel

I have been getting that message too. I would get that message after following the steps in the DVD Tutorial on this site. Is it a bug in version 6 or just a problem with another program? What OS are you running? I am in 10.2.8.

Ashley760
QUOTE Thanks
mykel242

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley760
What OS are you running? I am in 10.2.8.
Ashley760
I'm running Panther -- 10.3 on a 1.8 G5 with/Superdrive.
QUOTE Thanks
djaf

Hello,

I get exactly the same error
Result Code = -18771 (problem with source material),
while trying to burn a DVD, in PAL, from working (tested with Apple DVD Player) VIDEO_TS folder,
using Roxio Toast Titanium v. 6.0.3 under Mac O.S.X 10.2.8 on a powerbook3,5 (v. =3.2) (cpu: G4 1GHz) with an ATA CD-RW/DVD-R, MAT****A, DVD-R UJ-815.

>Is this Copy protection?

I don't know, but I'm living in europe and i know here as It is allow to backup DVD you own, it's forbiden to sel copy protected DVD.

But don't take it as guarantee, the fact that '"they can't sell it", obviously do not mean that "they don't sell it."

On my case this is the first time, I try to copy a dvd.
What about you? Did you get the same problem with several different DVDs? Or, with other dvd, does it ussualy work?

By the way, I've seen your messages were posted on the end of october, did your investigations paid since that time? Do you know more about it right now?

I'll like to learn more about it.

thank you

djaf
QUOTE Thanks
mykel242

It was the first DVD I ever tried to backup. I haven't tried again on other DVDs and I tried to hunt down info using google but to no avail. I'll try some other DVDs this weekend and see if I get similar results and post the results here.

--Mykel--
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Exporting mpeg2 from FCP with audio and video mixed? | iMovie audio glitches »