New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Adjusting Audio Levels on Video Files

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

SydneySean

SydneySean is on a distinguished road

Hi All,

I'm new to here and new to a Mac! I have video files in various formats (VOB's, MPEG's etc) and what I'm looking for is a program where you can alter the volume level of the audio sound (louder or softer) of the file then save it back to the visuals where it stays 100% in sync as it originally did.

Can anyone direct me a program that does just this?

Thanks So Much!
Sean
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

you can most likely do it in Final Cut. have you tried iMovie? probably works too.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
SydneySean

Quote:
Originally Posted by robduckyworth View Post
you can most likely do it in Final Cut. have you tried iMovie? probably works too.
Thanks for that. I haven't tried it at all yet. Just looking for feedback on the best one to use.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

You might want to try VideoLAN - VLC media player for Mac OS X. it can adjust the volume if I remember correctly the adjustment can be saved.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
SydneySean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slydude View Post
You might want to try VideoLAN - VLC media player for Mac OS X. it can adjust the volume if I remember correctly the adjustment can be saved.
Thank You Very Much. I'll look into it.
QUOTE Thanks
SydneySean

Hi All,

Had some good suggestions here but does anyone know a program that guarantees the outcome I'm looking for, rather than presuming it may? I don't want to purchase the wrong program.

Thank You!
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

have you tried iMovie before purchasing anything? it should have come with your mac.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
kpmedia

kpmedia is on a distinguished road

Demux, fix levels, remux.
Most of the demux/remux tools are Windows only. (Wine or Parallels.)
Audacity is multi-platform freeware that can adjust levels.

DVD Burning Problems? Learn which discs work best, and which are to be avoided, at digitalFAQ.com
Don't hate Windows. Just use Parallels! Best of both worlds!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« [Handbrake] (how to) make default sound and default subtitles | URGENT! Need FCE 4 help! »