New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Chapter images ?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

coffee

coffee is on a distinguished road

Trying to put together a chapter image track and add to a movie with Subler. I know Subler can create the chapter image track itself, but I'm not so keen to do so. Subler creates the chapter images to run along side the video track, so it does so filling the full length of the movie. I've managed to put together a simple .mov of the images I want to use for the chapters using MPEGStream Clip, but it only spans roughly a min'. I'm curious to know how I can create the .mov to be the full length of the film ?

I've tried using iMovie but not getting along with. MPEGStream Clip seems to be the easiest. I guess it would need to be the length of the movie but only have the images at the point of the chapter markers otherwise it would end up being a large .mov in addition to the movie file.
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

I'm not really sure what your asking. Perhaps Garagebands podcast features can help.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
coffee

coffee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep View Post
I'm not really sure what your asking. Perhaps Garagebands podcast features can help.
All in all I'm trying to copy my DVD's so I can play some on an iPad, the metadata is not a problem and also the artwork, but the chapter images are blank...

So I'm wanting to create a chapter track for images to add with Subler to a movie for the chapter images. Take a look at Subler, it can auto create the chapter track with the chapter images for MP4 and such files. However it creates it for the duration of the movie. I've managed to create a .mov with the chapter images but it only amount to roughly a min long, but having done so though I've thought that if I create a .mov with the chapter images to last the duration of the film it would amount to a large file of the images.

I guess what it does is place an image at the point where the chapter markers are so it won't be such a large file, however trying to do so seems impossible.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Movie in keynote | audio disappearing from imovie 09 »