Exclamation iDVD crashes when I share an iMovie file
    I have been working several hours on an imovie project and when I try to share the file with the idvd program, it crushes. If I run idvd first and try to drag and drop the file, I get the message "This is not a movie file". It is strange because I have made several dvds this way and it is the first time I cannot get a solution. Even though the imovie file plays perfectly with the imovie app, it cannot be recognized from idvd. I have exported the file as a full quality quicktime movie and have burned it on a dvd without menus and the quality is not good enough. I have also tried to work on a new mac book pro with the latest software and it doesn't even recognize the file as an imovie project. I can only open the contents of the file. Any suggestions? My software version is mac OSX 10.4.11. Perian, flip for mac, mpeg stream clip are also installed on my hd. Thank you in advance.

Specs:
    PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.10.5. iPhone 3GS.
    Which iMovie are you using? iMovie6HD? Try trashing iDVD's plist found in Home Folder>Library>Preferences>com.apple.iDVD.plist

Make another short movie and see if iDVD does the same. Try using a different account and see if it works, or not.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    ps. The word you want is "crashes."

PPS. Perian, wonderful as it is, has been tied to some weirdness with iDVD. Try uninstalling Perian and Flip4Mac, then proceeding as normal.

Also, super important: make sure you have TONS of free hard drive space on your boot drive. I mean A LOT, at least 20GB or more. Video programs need TONS of free space to do their thing.

I did everything you have suggested and I get the message, "unsupported file type: unknown format". Perian and flip for mac are now uninstalled and my free space in my boot drive is about 160gb. I trashed idvd's plist and tried again. I guess there is a corruption in my imovie file and I do not know how to fix it. My idvd version is 6.0.4, and my imovie version is 6.0.3. Imovie still crashes when I try to share with idvd. (See? I use the correct word now). Any ideas? Thank you chas-m for my language correction and thank you both very much for your reply.

Specs:
    PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.10.5. iPhone 3GS.
    You have plenty of free space on your HDD. I have successfully shared 1hour videos to iDVD with around 30GB of HDD space.

Thread Information