Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15"
    Question Topping and tailing clips
    To edit a clip in iMovie or FCP is simple enough, but when the clip is dragged onto the desktop it's in it's original unedited form.

How do I create an MP4 clip which is trimmed to perfection and have it simply as an MP4 clip which I can email without the wobble at the beginning and the end?

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboat View Post
    To edit a clip in iMovie or FCP is simple enough, but when the clip is dragged onto the desktop it's in it's original unedited form.

How do I create an MP4 clip which is trimmed to perfection and have it simply as an MP4 clip which I can email without the wobble at the beginning and the end?
    I don't do a lot with iMovie but have done some. I think all you have to do is Export the finished clip. That is what I have done with mine and it works fine.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15"
    So do you mean load the clip into a new iMovie project, trim it and export as an iMovie project to mpeg4?

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15"
    Quality is awful and it's no longer widescreen - is there a simpler way of doing this without losing any quality?

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quality is awful and it's no longer widescreen - is there a simpler way of doing this without losing any quality?
    When you export you should have several different options available both on file type and quality.
    I'm not at my Mac to check right now. If someone doesn't chip in to help before I get a chance I'll try to post a screen shot.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15"
    Cheers Razormac, yes there were a lot of options from the 'Use' drop down menu. The clip is a 720p @ 60 fps taken on a GoPro.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 15"
    Still waiting, this forum is living up to it's reputation.

Specs:
    Still waiting, this forum is living up to it's reputation.
    No one on this forum is salaried tech support. We all have other responsibilities and do this in an attempt to give back to the Mac community in exchange for the help we have received along the way.
    I am sorry the turn around time on responses doesn't meet your expectations. You always have the option to pay for Apple tech support.

Specs:
    PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.10.5. iPhone 3GS.
    Try editing the clip with MPEGStreamclip. You'll be able to save it in it's original format.

Thread Information