New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Topping and tailing clips

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Shoeboat

Shoeboat is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 15"

To edit a clip in iMovie or FCP is simple enough, but when the clip is dragged onto the desktop it's in it's original unedited form.

How do I create an MP4 clip which is trimmed to perfection and have it simply as an MP4 clip which I can email without the wobble at the beginning and the end?
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeboat View Post
To edit a clip in iMovie or FCP is simple enough, but when the clip is dragged onto the desktop it's in it's original unedited form.

How do I create an MP4 clip which is trimmed to perfection and have it simply as an MP4 clip which I can email without the wobble at the beginning and the end?
I don't do a lot with iMovie but have done some. I think all you have to do is Export the finished clip. That is what I have done with mine and it works fine.

If I were given just one wish it would be . . . that I could have three more wishes!
QUOTE Thanks
Shoeboat

So do you mean load the clip into a new iMovie project, trim it and export as an iMovie project to mpeg4?
QUOTE Thanks
Shoeboat

Quality is awful and it's no longer widescreen - is there a simpler way of doing this without losing any quality?
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

RavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond reputeRavingMac has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G

Quote:
Quality is awful and it's no longer widescreen - is there a simpler way of doing this without losing any quality?
When you export you should have several different options available both on file type and quality.
I'm not at my Mac to check right now. If someone doesn't chip in to help before I get a chance I'll try to post a screen shot.

If I were given just one wish it would be . . . that I could have three more wishes!
QUOTE Thanks
Shoeboat

Cheers Razormac, yes there were a lot of options from the 'Use' drop down menu. The clip is a 720p @ 60 fps taken on a GoPro.
QUOTE Thanks
Shoeboat

Still waiting, this forum is living up to it's reputation.
QUOTE Thanks
RavingMac

Quote:
Still waiting, this forum is living up to it's reputation.
No one on this forum is salaried tech support. We all have other responsibilities and do this in an attempt to give back to the Mac community in exchange for the help we have received along the way.
I am sorry the turn around time on responses doesn't meet your expectations. You always have the option to pay for Apple tech support.

QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Try editing the clip with MPEGStreamclip. You'll be able to save it in it's original format.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best HD camera for iMovie '09... or '11 | Optical Scene Detection - DVDs to .mov »