New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Burning AVI files in Toast v10

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

paul.geertson

paul.geertson is on a distinguished road

I am trying to burn AVI files of a movie in Toast 10 Titanium, but when I pull the files into Toast I get the folowing message " *.AVI was not added because a required codec is missing (XVID)"

What am I doing wrong? When I googled xvid I'm told that that codec is not available for the mac yet ???

Help
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

What section of Toast are you putting them into?
If they play and you are just putting them to disc as a back up, you can burn them as a data disc in Toast without issue.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
paul.geertson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
What section of Toast are you putting them into?
If they play and you are just putting them to disc as a back up, you can burn them as a data disc in Toast without issue.
I chose "Video" and then chose "DVD-Video" then "add" then pick up my files it goes no further than that message.

Paul
QUOTE Thanks
paul.geertson

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.geertson View Post
I chose "Video" and then chose "DVD-Video" then "add" then pick up my files it goes no further than that message.

Paul
The avi files run fine on my MAC but I want to paly them as a DVD on my DVD/Blue Ray player with the front end menus
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Does your DVD player natively support AVI playback?
If so you can burn them as data and they will play.
If not you're going to need to convert them.

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
paul.geertson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
Does your DVD player natively support AVI playback?
If so you can burn them as data and they will play.
If not you're going to need to convert them.
I tried to play the avi files on my blue ray player with no success. So I used Kigo Video Converter to change them to mpeg and they were accepted by Toast and easily encoded and burnt to DVD. Hooray!!!
QUOTE Thanks
mrsgoodcash

mrsgoodcash is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have a software suggestion for converting QuickTime to AVI or MPEG? I'm working on a couple of instructional videos using IMovie and KeyNote converting to QuickTime. I want to be able to play the videos on a DVD/BLU RAY player. Thanks.

mrsgoodcash
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

You can export the Quicktime movie as mpeg directly from Quicktime.

QUOTE Thanks
mrsgoodcash

mrsgoodcash is on a distinguished road

thanks for the input - new at navigating around a MAC. Love the software. Used to working with Cyber Director and Sony.

Another quick question for which I can't find the answer:
IDVD will not allow me to change the name of a project.
I've quit the program and started new projects but keeps
defaulting to original disc title "My Great DVD". Already
burned 2 DVDs and she just won't play with me.
What am I missing?

Thanks, mrsgoodcash
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

You should be able to change by going into project info from the project menu. From there you can type the name you want.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« urgently need help with iDVD please | Importing a DVD into a Mac editing App »