New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

importing video into Mac applications

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mr. D

Mr. D is on a distinguished road

Need opinions from video buffs....help!

(1.) I'd like to find a way to import "non copywrited" video from a DVD Player (OR EVEN BETTER FROM THE SUPER DRIVE) directly into a simple Apple video editing program. I understand not allowing copywritten material to be imported throught the Super Drive, but not allowing home movies to be imported is a rotten Apple idea! http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/mac...gry-Tongue.png

(2.) I miss the old iMovie 4.0 format. It was so simple and easy to use for those who didn't want to make a Hollywood movie. It did just about everything I needed to do. Is there any "USER FRIENDLY" application like the old iMovie 4.0. Why Apple didn't make a HD O.S. 10 version of iMovie 4.0 to include with the computer beats me.

I still use iMovie 4.0 for some projects and work around the bugs caused by O.S. 10.

Anyone have an idea how to get an application like iMovie 4.0 that's super easy to use?

Are there any upgrade fixes to allow iMovie 4.01 to be used with O.S. 10?

Thanx in advance for any ideas

Mr. D
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

If you want to import video from a DVD for editing, you'll have to use something like Handbrake to get it on to your computer.

Are you saying that you could take video direct from a DVD into iMovie4?
QUOTE Thanks
Mr. D

Mr. D is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGem View Post
If you want to import video from a DVD for editing, you'll have to use something like Handbrake to get it on to your computer.

Are you saying that you could take video direct from a DVD into iMovie4?
No, I had to run it through my video camera to convert it from anolog to digital firewire.

(1.) I'd like to know if there is a way to go from the Super Drive into a video editing program for non copyguarded material to avoid quality loss.
I heard Final Cut Pro allows that. Correct or not?

Among the decades of dumb moves Apple has made with great productsince the Mac II, killing iMovie 4 for a overly complicated O.S. upgrade was among the dumbest. The guy who just wants to edit his vacation video doesn't want all the overkill bells & whistles and to have to study it for weeks. The O.S. 10 versions of iMovie are like having to launch the Space Shuttle to go to the grocery store! Aplle should have made a O.S. 10 version of iMovie 4.0 and then made the new version for those who want to make a Hollywood movie! (Try to import an 90 min vacation movie to make a few changes... not so simple!) Apple is forgetting the concept of user friendly that made it great and becoming more like Microsoft in trying to wring every dollar out of the customer as they are doing with the iPad, etc. (Download a free book on the iPad 25 pages in and it puts you all the way back to page 1 to make it difficult to download another free book. Not an accidental error!)

Come on Apple make things simple and for the benefit of for your customer base and profits will follow without all the Bill Gates tricks to get more money out of us!

Being an old guy, I've used Apple's since the first ones made, but I'm starting to feel used by Apple lately!
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Quote:
I heard Final Cut Pro allows that. Correct or not?
No idea, sorry.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Final Cut Express: Import Picture Problem | Best way to make a video clip with just an image and a mp3? »