New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Help with Canon 305xf MXF to FCP

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

spooks

spooks is on a distinguished road

Hi ladies and gents

Got contracted for a gig and I've been supplied with some MXF footage from a Canon 305 xf camera.
Problem was they didn't supply the disc that comes with the camera and has a log and transfer plugin on it and FCP obviously doesn't like MXF.
So I've been searching on and off all afternoon and am struggling to find a solution except for un-trusted 3rd party tacky looking software.
The other problem is the guy who transferred the files from the card says he kept the complete file structure intact.. but I have no way of knowing for sure.

Same old story, I've tried Compressor, Log and Transfer and Mpegstream clip but none of them want to see it. I even treid a sony XDCAM plug-in that apparently can do the job with canon MXF but as its not off the original card or camera it doesn't register when L and T starts up...

Anyone got any Ideas...

Cheers in advance for any help

LD
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Messed up background in slide show. | Add music from NAS to iMovie »