New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Audio not importing?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kribensis12

kribensis12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 Ghz Duo Core with 8GB of RAM and a 500GB 7200 rpm Hybrid Drive

So, I own FCE4 and I am still learning how to use it. My question is, why can I not get a .mp3, .mp4, ect. to import into my movie? I have tried saving the songs under different names, and I have tried just dragging it and dropping it, and going to import and importing the song. No idea has worked. I have watched the videos on Apple.com for the tutorials and they have not answered my question.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

any error messages?

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
kribensis12

Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 13" 2.4 Ghz Duo Core with 8GB of RAM and a 500GB 7200 rpm Hybrid Drive

Yes, it says

File Error: 1 File(s) recognized, 0 access denied, 1 unknown.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all

have you tried converting them to WAV or AIFF and then importing? google tells me its to do with codecs and compatibility. most stuff can read uncompressed files.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
QUOTE Thanks
kribensis12

I went to get info on the song, I saved it to AIFF, and WAV and neither worked. It'll either say File Error : Unknown Error, or the previously stated error.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

you need to convert it, you cant just change the file name. you can try NCH Switch or garageband (i think) to convert it to an uncompressed format.

QUOTE Thanks
kribensis12

It worked! Thank you soo much! I am glad I posted on here. If not, I don't know what I'd do!
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

no worries dude, glad i could help.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMovie gone? | .mts files using iMovie 09 »