New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

VOB Files - how to put them altogether

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

icebox

icebox is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 13" 2.4 Ghz/4GB Ram/250HD/Lion 10.7.1

how can i put vob files altogether? i am converting the files through handbrake. help please...
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

iMovie?
QUOTE Thanks
icebox

i guess that's the only way. thanks...
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

You can stitch files together in ffmpegx. It really depends on what you are doing, I'm curious.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
icebox

Hi. im a newbie so im forgive me if i ask some dumb questions. this vob file is a concert and they are split into 4. by the way, what is ffmpegx?
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Ok, so you have 4 .vob files. Are they taken from a DVD source?
Can you tell me the individual size of the files, or the total size of all 4.
Also, what version Mac Os are you running (Leopard, Snow Leopard?)
Finally, what file format are you converting from in Handbrake?
The more info I have the more I can help, basically.

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
icebox

each file is 1gb. my mbp is snow leopard. i converted it to mp4.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Ok, so 4 x 1GB VOB's?
That makes a dvd.
Put those 4 VOB's in a folder named VIDEO_TS, and burn them to a DVD. You should have a fully working DVD that way.
Be aware that discussion of downloaded material is often shunned because we can't discuss illegal activity. I will not point that finger here, but better to make you aware.

QUOTE Thanks
icebox

thank you. that was given to me. thanks... i think it is from a dvd though. it has a folder like that already.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

So you should have no need to convert at all.
You can open VIDEO_TS files in DVD player or VLC, and play the content from there, or burn to disc as I suggested.

QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

you can join them into 1 continuous VOB segment with D-Vision3, but i doubt you need to do that for what you are trying to achieve.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks
icebox

yeah i already put it on a disc. thank you. i had to coz whenever i play it thru vlc, i had to open each folder. where can i get the D vision3?
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

Download D-Vision for Mac - Encode Divx with Mencoder. MacUpdate.com

to join it into 1 VOB its in the tools section i believe.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Soundbite from You Tube . . . | Best & easiest Avi editor software for iMac without converting »