New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Hi Def Camcorder

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

masterwiz

masterwiz is on a distinguished road

I want to buy a high def camcorder that will work well with my Mac. I am looking to spend around $600. Can anyone give me a brand/model that they have had great success with?

thanks,
Chris
QUOTE Thanks
iZach

iZach is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch

A friend of mine has a Canon HF200. He let me use it once and it works flawlessly with Macs (I use Final Cut Express), and also has very good picture quality. I've actually been considering purchasing one myself!

How do you like them Apples?
QUOTE Thanks
AngryRedTicTac

AngryRedTicTac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 4,1 4x2.66, 8gb, HD7950, 1.1TB Fusion (Sam840 SSD & 1TB Cav Black), 2x1TB Cav Black 2TB Cav Green

I've got an HF20, and I'm generally very happy with it. Low light situations challenge it a bit, but manual control helps out. The new models have a touchscreen, which I'm not that fond of, though my friend likes his. The Canons work flawlessly with Macs, just be prepared for monster file sizes if you aren't editing natively in AVCHD.
QUOTE Thanks
icebox

icebox is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 13" 2.4 Ghz/4GB Ram/250HD/Lion 10.7.1

hi! i have canon hf10. i imported all the videos i have when i was still using pc. now that i have mac, i was trying to open it but it wouldnt play. i bought total video converter. i was able to convert it but it was out of sync because it became slow motion after the conversion. help me please.
QUOTE Thanks
AngryRedTicTac

AngryRedTicTac is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 4,1 4x2.66, 8gb, HD7950, 1.1TB Fusion (Sam840 SSD & 1TB Cav Black), 2x1TB Cav Black 2TB Cav Green

What format is the windows footage in? I don't have any experience with Total Video convertor, I use the Shedworx stuff myself, what options does it allow for? The files may have some win tags on them that make them incompatible.

Did you keep the native .mts files? You'll likely have much better luck converting those than whatever format you had them in on your PC.
QUOTE Thanks
icebox

icebox is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 13" 2.4 Ghz/4GB Ram/250HD/Lion 10.7.1

Handbrake resolved my problem. plus i installed vlc. thanks...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« High quality transfer? | Burned DVD Won't Play in JVC Player »