New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

How to Burn iDVD when my DVD writer is broken?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dtf

dtf is on a distinguished road

I've created an iDVD project, but it appears that my disk drive does not work. Is there any way that I can transfer this iDVD project to an external hard drive, then transfer it to another mac, and burn the project from there?
QUOTE Thanks
MightyGem

MightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the roughMightyGem is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. White MacBook, 10.8.5. iPhone 3GS.

Yes, choose Save As Disc Image from the iDVD File menu. Use Disc Utility on the other Mac to burn to a dvd.
QUOTE Thanks
Cube1

Cube1 is on a distinguished road

Whats wrong with your disc drive? I thought mine was not working either, and after some reading and such I blew some compressed air into and it works like new now!

Macbook Pro & Snow.......
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

You can also buy a $20 DVD burner, stick it into a $30 Firewire case and attach it. Done.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can't play MVI_####.MOV video clips | How do I compress an MP4 so I can email it »