Simplest way take a movie and send via e mail
    I have an Iphone 4 and iMac.

When I take videos that are over a minute or two the iPhone says they too big to e mail.

Whats the simplest way to take a 5 minute video, load it on the imac - resize and e mail.

Im not looking to edit or add any effects etc.

Thanks

Specs:
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    Via the tools in iLife 09, I'd import the movie into iPhoto, and then open iMovie, let it index the iPhoto movies, create a project and export at some small size appropriate for e-mail.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Since most email services are size limited (and yours may not be, but your recipients' might), you probably don't want to send the file itself. If it's just to share the video, perhaps you should consider uploading to YouTube. If you're concerned about privacy, you can always make it a private video available only to those that are given the specific URL. Then, you can just email the URL.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Thanks for the quick replies, is there any way I can custom make the export size as the smallest default is too big.

Thanks

Specs:
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    To customize things like size, use the QuickTime export. See my iMovie Export Guide.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    But what we've been trying to tell you in the replies above is this: Sending movies over a minute long via email is a bad idea.

In some cases, large attachments can actually BLOCK the recipient from receiving any further email until they get rid of yours. See? Bad idea.

The "right" way to send movies to people is to put it up somewhere (YouTube, MobileMe, etc) and send your recipients the URL (and password if it's password protected).

Xstep, thats exactly what I needed, Chas thanks as well now I know its not me making a mistake all movies are too big for e mails

Thanks All

Thread Information