New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Screen capture video/audio with Final Cut Express

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pimpgeist

pimpgeist is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 11;2, OS X 10.6.4, 3.06 Ghz Dual Core Processor, 4 GB RAM

I want to capture video and audio of the screen, like off dashboard etc
and make a movie from it. I just got final cut express; can someone help me please? Any help appreciated. Merry Christmas, I will update my profile later got a christmas mess to deal with
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

QuickTime can record if you got Snow Leopard.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
pimpgeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRequiem View Post
QuickTime can record if you got Snow Leopard.
Got it figured out between quicktime & iMovie. Thanks!!

I am having trouble cropping though so my video came out like this:

YouTube - Lizard Work-Out

can anybody recommend a solution?
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Since a picture can explain more, I've attached a shot of your YT video.

Explain what is cropped. Is it the inner video overlay with black bars on the OS X background screen? Or is it the screen capture you did?

The inner video suggests you are editing a 4:3 aspect ratio project but the lizard video is actually 16:9 content (or close to it). In iMovie choose "Project Properties..." under the File menu and then choose "Widescreen (16:9)" aspect ratio.

In FCE, I believe you can do something similar with the sequence you setup. I'm not in a setup to test that right now.
Attached Images
File Type: png SafariScreenSnapz012.png (167.7 KB, 4 views)

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks
pimpgeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xstep View Post
Since a picture can explain more, I've attached a shot of your YT video.

Explain what is cropped. Is it the inner video overlay with black bars on the OS X background screen? Or is it the screen capture you did?

The inner video suggests you are editing a 4:3 aspect ratio project but the lizard video is actually 16:9 content (or close to it). In iMovie choose "Project Properties..." under the File menu and then choose "Widescreen (16:9)" aspect ratio.

In FCE, I believe you can do something similar with the sequence you setup. I'm not in a setup to test that right now.
Nice! Thanks!

http://www.stampsforless.us/Stamps_For_Less/Welcome.html
QUOTE Thanks
xstep

xstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to allxstep is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpgeist View Post
Nice! Thanks!
Did it help you figure out your issue? If so, please share.

CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Monitor that matches the Apple Cinema display | iMovie HD 6: Drag and Drop to Desktop vs. Exporting »