Smile HELP!!! iMovie project stops midway!!
    I have an hour long movie (photos, video clips, music, narration) made in iMovie. When trying to export the file (which I guess is "rendering" or "processing" the file, the process stops about midway through the movie. At the point where it stops, the little wheel spins and spins (have even left it spinning over night). Sometimes the iMovie software will shut down and other times, it just keeps on spinning. Some of the files for project are on my computer hard drive and some are on an external hard drive. The external hard drive was tested and is working fine. We also had the RAM replaced and it is working fine. This is a project that is a Christmas present and we desperately need help ASAP. Any thoughts would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!

How much hard drive space have you got? This happens when you get Low

The computer has 45 GB free space on the hard drive. I can try it on a computer that has 70 GB of free space if you think that would help.

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Yes, it does sound like a space problem. I often mention (in other posts) how OS X needs a LOT of elbow room when doing things like rendering.

But perhaps we can offer further suggestions if you'll tell us exactly how you are trying to export this iMovie project?

On the road
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    If 45GB is a space problem, then I have to wonder what your export options are.

So, what method are you using for export? What resolution are you exporting at? Other details if you using the QuickTime option such as codecs and bit rate.

I occasionally run into a problem when I can't export. I use QuickTime Export and end up having to alter the video data rate. Magically the export works.

I would run the Console app in the utilities folder while the export is occurring. When the error happens, or as you think it is happening, review the logs in the Console app. You might gain some insight into the problem.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

Thread Information