New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Crashed hard drive Ilife 06

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

exeoliver

exeoliver is on a distinguished road

Recently my hard drive crashed. Had a company fix the problem, they were able to recover all my files from old hard drive. I can't find my ilife 06 disc though. Is there a way apple keeps on file that I did purchase it and make available a download for this sort of situation. I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks

BLC
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

G'day and welcome to the forums.

Ask Apple as this site has no connection with the company.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Did you register iLife 06 when you purchased it? If so, Apple may have a record of it. However, I'm not certain if they would replace it for you without some charge. In any event, as harry pointed out, contact Apple customer support and ask.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exeoliver View Post
Recently my hard drive crashed. Had a company fix the problem, they were able to recover all my files from old hard drive.
Great!

Quote:
I can't find my ilife 06 disc though. Is there a way apple keeps on file that I did purchase it and make available a download for this sort of situation.
a. Yes, they keep a record of what you buy from them.
b. No, they will not provide you with a new copy. That was nearly five years ago.

My advice would be to find a RETAIL used copy either from the members of your local Mac User Group or on whichever is the most trusted of the "flea market" sites (Ebay, Craig's List, local such sites etc) and just buy it. The cost will serve as a lesson to carefully file away software purchases henceforth.

If and when you update to a newer machine, of course, you'll have a whole new version of iLife to play with.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to unlink ch1 and ch2 | Capture from multiple video devices simultaneously »