Question iMovie '09 question, file names to pics?
    I am just starting out playing with iMovie and iDVD and am curious on a few things. My family and I spent a bunch of time on Thanksgiving going through pics and identifying everybody as well as figuring out what year it was in pics that stretch back 60 years or so. I have easily figured out how to do slideshows with pics and music and transitions but have a very basic question. Is there any way to automatically add the file name of each picture in the slideshow without creating a new title for each and every photo? It would make the slideshows so much more informative for younger family members who didn't know who was in each picture. Please help, these slideshows are great, and the two that I've made have been greatly appreciated, but if I could automatically add file names to each shot it would be even better.
    Thanks in advance

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    You could cut down on the work by only identifying a family member the first time they appear.

Alternatively, you could group pictures of a certain person together and make a "title card" at the beginning of that section with their name.

Finally, you could put duplicates of the photos into a program such as Portraits & Prints (free), title the dupes, then use the dupes as your iMovie pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
    You could cut down on the work by only identifying a family member the first time they appear.

Alternatively, you could group pictures of a certain person together and make a "title card" at the beginning of that section with their name.

Finally, you could put duplicates of the photos into a program such as Portraits & Prints (free), title the dupes, then use the dupes as your iMovie pictures.
    first two options are out since we are trying to do it as a chronological slideshow, from when my grandparents were married till present. The third option is a definite possibility, is there a simple program included with mac computers that is like microsoft paint? i could do that without even downloading another program if it existed.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Actually, though I haven't tried it myself, I believe I read in this very forum that Preview (included on your Mac) has an "Annotate" feature that may do exactly what you want.

Thread Information