New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

AVCHD editing software recommendations

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BDD888

BDD888 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 27" quad-core iMac, 8GB RAM, 2TB HD...15" MBP w/ 4GB RAM...etc.

I'm considering buying the Panasonic HDC-HS700 (or TM700) or the Canon flagship S21 HD cam.

I've looked on the Canadian Apple website for support by iLife 11 and Final Cut Express 4.0. iLife 11 won't support full HD at 60p. Not sure if I would have to be recording at 24p. Though if this camera can do 60p...I'd prefer to find software that supports this. Then there's mention of image stabilization issues.

They didn't say much more for Final Cut Express 4.0.

What is the best Mac video editing software out today that will support all AVCHD formats (especially all those of the Panasonic HDC-HS700)?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
BDD888

BDD888 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 27" quad-core iMac, 8GB RAM, 2TB HD...15" MBP w/ 4GB RAM...etc.

Right after I posted the original post I Googled this and found out there is a codec converter I can use to use the file created using the Panasonic HS700 with Mac supported editing software like Final Cut. Here's the link...

Aunsoft MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac-Convert/merge AVCHD MTS/M2TS files, convert AVCHD Lite

But, I'd love to know still if there is a photo editing software you guys would highly recommend, that is Mac compatible and would allow me to avoid using a converter.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« .VOB, .IFO, .BUP... but no video_ts | Back-up and manage movies. »