Thread: iMovie Problems

Specs:
    Er... Um, I'll add this later when I have access to my Mac again.
    iMovie Problems
    I recently started fiddling with my iMovie 09. I tried using it before, but I didn't care for the lack of obvious finesse in the frame-by-frame level. I still don't care the way it butchers the audio. I want to know where I stand on the song length, and so on.

But that's not what I have here. I have a problem with my iMovie, and apparently I'm the only one with this problem after a few web searches revealing no previous evidence.

I've been making an AMV of the anime series Slayers, and have the series on my Mac's hard drive. Everything was fine for a while, and I found myself almost getting use to iMovie, but then... I can't preview my project any more. I can play the clips I've made in the Events tablet, but I can't hear or see or edit or do anything with my project any more. Or any project; I made a new one just to test it, and I can't preview that one either.

If I try to preview it in full screen, the entire screen goes black and I can only use the multi window thing, and the Show Desktop thing (forgive my lack of terms, I'm using a PC right now and I have poor memory). I can't switch screens, the black follows, and I can't End Program as the black screen of death takes over all.

What's going on? I've restarted iMovie--no effect--I've restarted my Mac--no effect--and I've not been on the internet for a few weeks now due to being Underway.

I have limited access to the internet, so I might be delayed in responding. Thanks for all the help!!

Specs:
    21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
    Clip trimmer ( audio & video ) is your friend ( imovie 09 )...learn it's powers and it will reward you....

Specs:
    Er... Um, I'll add this later when I have access to my Mac again.
    You mean to Reject certain clips? I tried that, but nothing still happened. I'll do some searching on it tonight, and see what happens.

Specs:
    21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
    No. I mean literally utilizing the clip trimmer feature to manipulate a clip frame by frame or to do the same with your audio...

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB

Thread Information