New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

The best video editing program for Mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Niniel

Niniel is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook

Hi guys

Can you tell me what's the best video editing program for Mac?

Except iMovie of course which is great btw.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
iZach

iZach is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch

That's really an opinion question but Final Cut Studio is apple's top of the line editing suite. Final Cut Express Is a stripped-down version that costs only $200 and is still a very powerful editing application. It really depends on what kind of editing you're doing when choosing an editing app.

How do you like them Apples?
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

"Best" is very subjective and doesn't mean much until we understand the context of what you're looking to do. Beyond what iMovie can do, what are you seeking to accomplish?
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Another for FCP. I love it so much, I got an Apple certification for it so I can teach it at local public access stations and training centers.
QUOTE Thanks
Booch_21

Booch_21 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 2.93Ghz i7

I'm a user of Adobe's products so my vote is for Premiere Pro CS5 for Mac.
QUOTE Thanks
True Bassist

True Bassist is a jewel in the roughTrue Bassist is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MBP/2.53GHz i5/4GB RAM/500GB HDD/15" LED Screen/Intel HD Graphics & NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

I'm another for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 - I've used both Apple standard and the Adobe suite and found the Adobe CS suites to be easier to use in general. Both Final Cut and Premiere Pro are great NLE programmes however. Download the trials of each and find which one you are most comfortable with.
QUOTE Thanks
shorthairdooo

shorthairdooo is on a distinguished road

i did the trial of adobe final cut and it's great although complicated for fine tuning adjustements of video footage, like fixing a shakey camera, etc, but for putting the clips together and arranging audio, i like imovie for that part.
QUOTE Thanks
Cube1

Cube1 is on a distinguished road

I third the CS5 Premier it seems less taxing than FC.

Macbook Pro & Snow.......
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« FCP / Quicktime Pro - Open Image Sequence | Final Cut Studio Universal »