Thread: iMovie help!!

iMovie help!!
    I just spent all day working on a project for school with iMovie. I pressed command S many times during my project since I couldn't find save in the menu. I checked with finder that my project was saved to a file and that I could open it. I exited iMovie when I was done. When I went back to it, iMovie was blank and my project isn't there! Someone please help

On the road
    2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
    The newer versions of iMovie (08, 09, 11) auto save.

Use Grab from the Utilities folder to capture a picture of iMovie after it started up and post it here.
    CameraTime - Time lapse photography for novice and advanced users.

When asking questions, post the version of your software. You'll receive better answers.

Please post your results to the thread as it is good feedback.

don't worry! iMovie auto-saves. The next time you open it, it will still be there, trust me

imovie problem
    I too have been working on a school movie which is 45 minutes long and now all I get is the "wheel of death" when I try to open the project. I have plenty of free ram but am told it may not be enough for such a big project. Is there a way of splitting the project into 4 sections ( it is actually 4 short stories ) outside imovie ? I am desperate as this is our end of year presentation and it is almost finshed . I am using imovie 11

Thread Information