New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

iDVD 3 stops burning!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

DruNewp

I've tried several times, but every **** time iDVD3 stops burning during Stage 4: Multiplexing and burning. The estimated time jumps back and forth, then doubles in stage 4!

My movie is about 74 minutes, and idvd takes forever to reach two thirds of the weeay in, before it just stops, ejects the DVD, and still looks as though it's burning...

PLease help!
QUOTE Thanks
Racing666

sounds like it doesnt like the brand/type of disk your using... i had a similar problem on a PC with Nero...it would get about 85% done burning, then kick the disk out and still act like it was burning.. come to find out, the drive didn't like the brand of DVD+Rs i was using...
QUOTE Thanks
snausages

snausages is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: iBook 1.33GHz G4 14", 60GB, 768MB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger

Which ones do you usually use, Racing?
QUOTE Thanks
DruNewp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing666
sounds like it doesnt like the brand/type of disk your using... i had a similar problem on a PC with Nero...it would get about 85% done burning, then kick the disk out and still act like it was burning.. come to find out, the drive didn't like the brand of DVD+Rs i was using...
But it's an apple DVD-R!!!
QUOTE Thanks
DruNewp

Racing, that's the thing - I am using Apple DVD-R's! Not like they're incompatible! I've read different places that iDVD 3 has been known to do this kind of thing, I jst have no idea how to fix it.

Should I just buy new DVD authoring software???
QUOTE Thanks
Racing666

i use Imation DVD - R's for just about everything...backing up DVD movies, file backup and everything.. maybe you got a bad batch of dvd disks..seen that before too..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Apple Motion Saves A Life | AVI-->VOB »