New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Toast DVD 16:9

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

clive12

clive12 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

I couldnt already see a thread on this but just cant figure out how to do this.

I am copying some movie files to dvd and can copy them using toast without any issues but when I play them on my tv they are the wrong size.

My tv displays at 16:9 and although I have it set to pal in toast i cant find anyway of changing the ratio they are burnt at.

I would be grateful for any help people can offer on this.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

If the source is 4:3 it won't change it to 16:9.
PAL is just the frame rate standard not the aspect ratio.
You can use software to crop to 16:9, but it looks a bit ropey or you lose top and bottom.

Try my custom Mac Forums Search Engine: Mac Forums Google Search

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
clive12

Mac Specs: Imac 21.5 Inch 3.06 GHZ 4GB Ram 500 Gig HD, Ipad 32 GB, Iphone 4S 16 GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevriano View Post
If the source is 4:3 it won't change it to 16:9.
PAL is just the frame rate standard not the aspect ratio.
You can use software to crop to 16:9, but it looks a bit ropey or you lose top and bottom.
Perhaps I am explaining it wrongly.

When I used Nero on windows I didnt do anything and it copied files to DVD without any issues.

Now I am using Toast when I play the file on my dvd the side of the movie is missing.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Kevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to allKevriano is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.

Hmm. ok, then that's a little odd.
Are you basically saying that Toast is cropping it to 4:3, or squashing it in?
Which version of Toast are you using and I'll look into it.

Please use the reputation system if you consider any help given useful (it's the little ✓/✘ on the left <---)

QUOTE Thanks
clive12

Quote:
Hmm. ok, then that's a little odd.
Are you basically saying that Toast is cropping it to 4:3, or squashing it in?
Which version of Toast are you using and I'll look into it.
Toast is cropping it not squashing it as the picture is full but missing a bit at the side.

I have since remembered my dvd plays avi files straight from dvd so have watched using that and its fine.

I am using Toast Titanium.
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Yes Toast 9 or 10 though?

QUOTE Thanks
clive12

Quote:
Yes Toast 9 or 10 though?

Thanks for your help on this btw
QUOTE Thanks
Kevriano

Np. Will get back to you tomorrow with some more info.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Playing ripped DVD | Exporting with iMovie. »