New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Transfering files from mac to ps3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

GinoLicious

GinoLicious is an unknown at this point

Currently I am using eyeconnect to hook up to my ps3 and transfer movies from my mac to the ps3. Only issue here is eyeconect is making it's own folders and grouping my movies in alphabetical order. I don't like this cause I want all my snowboarding videos in a snowboarding folder rather than in an alphabetical folder with other types of videos. Does anyone know if eyeconnect will do this and if not, does anyone know a program that will do it for me. I think it's stupid to have all my seasons for a tv show in one folder rather than having folders for the seasons.

QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

I have never used Eyeconnect. You may want to take a look at PS3Media Server (AKA PMS server) that will stream and transcode on the fly from your computer to your PS3 if they are on the same network. It (if I recall correctly, it's been a while since I fired mine up) will allow you to "share" a folder with whatever subfolders you want.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
GinoLicious

Okay so I was able to create folders on my ps3, but is there a way to make subfolders. So like south park. Then season 1 2 and so forth
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light

For how you're doing it, I don't know - in the PMS server I referenced it should use folder hierarchy.

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks
GinoLicious

The reason why I'm staying away from the ps3 media server is that I have downloaded it and it has never been able to run. I cannot even open the application. If I could get it to work I would use it since it seems easy and does exactly what I want it to. Just haven't been able to get it to work
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

That's weird, I never had a problem with it. Which version did you get? What OS version do you have on your Mac? Do you get errors when you try to run it, or what exactly happens?

QUOTE Thanks
GinoLicious

It won't even open. The icon will be in the dock, bu it will
not open up on my desktop. Claims it's running. I have 10.4 osx on an intel MacBook.
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Hmm,

I know it requires java, I assume you have java installed and fully patched.

My next thought would be maybe to try an earlier version - if you have the current (1.10.5) maybe try the previous release (1.10.1)?

You may also want to check this thread: PS3 Media Server • View topic - PS3 media server does not open anymore although it refers to a different system/os combination, it sounds like a similar issue overall.

QUOTE Thanks
GinoLicious

Well I managed to get the ps3 mediaserver working. Here is a link that helped me for anyone else who has the same problem in the future. Medialink | My Junkyard

QUOTE Thanks
Squewheet

Squewheet is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac 2.66GHz Intel Core i5 4GB 1067MHz DDR3

I use MediaLink. It cost 20.00 dollars and it allows you to view files off your mac on your ps3. The only problem is that sometimes you have to have a wire hooked up or it will lag when you watch movies. But it is the best thing I have found.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Blu-Ray Writer For iMac | Need Advice-What to buy teen filmmaker »