New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Just uploaded a dvd on my macbook, which format will work to drag into iMovie?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rachmunas

rachmunas is on a distinguished road

If this question is in the wrong place please forgive me and put it in the correct one. Thanks!

I uploaded a video from my 30 minute dvd onto my Macbook and am trying to drag it into iMovie. The issue is none of the formats at letting me drag it into there. My only goal is to add my website name at the beginning of the video. The MP4 won't work, DV, FLV and Divx Avi. I am using a video converter from Mac with a huge list of formats but don't know which will work to drag it.

I used mactheripper to get the movie on the mac and aiseesoft to put it into the correct format.

No formats will let me drag into iMovie

I will keep trying but any help would be greatly appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
Roiphe

Roiphe is on a distinguished road

Open your movie with QuickTime player. If you cannot, then download and instal Perion, which is an extension.
Once you have started your movie in QuickTime, save it by going to File and clicking Save for Web.
You will see it being converted in a panel.
When it is finished, right-click it and select Open in Downloads.
Find it in downloads (perhaps in a folder) and drag it to Desktop.
You will find your movie with the extension .mov or .m4v.
Either of them can be imported into imovie.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Perian and also install Flip4Mac.

If you need to covert formats download Handbrake as well. Just another option than above. But do install the Perian and Flip4Mac

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Roiphe

Roiphe is on a distinguished road

I found Flip4Mac unnecessary. Unless you buy the full program, the movie will appear with a watermark. QuickTime solves this problem and you don't need to download or buy anything.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Roiphe: You are confusing the paid program Flip4Mac makes that OUTPUTS wmv files from the free program Tattooed was referring to that PLAYS wmv files. No watermark on the free program, but it doesn't help in the slightest with getting anything into iMovie (and neither does the paid version!).
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« DVD ripping software | Producing Video with Macbook »