New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
Movies and Video For people making movies and editing video with their Mac.

Connect Macbook to HDTV?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Tompkins

Tompkins is on a distinguished road

I was wondering what exactly I would need to buy to connect my macbook pro to my hdtv. I got the macbook pro this past spring of 2010 and I got it a few weeks before the newer model with the 2.4 ghz processor came out. It's the 2.26 ghz 13.3". I would prefer to connect it with an HDMI cable if possible. The reason I want this is to watch netflix and NHL center ice on my tv. I hope this helps. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Nethfel

Nethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of lightNethfel is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10

Well, if it's the newer 13" that has the 320m gpu chipset in it, it should have audio and video available on the display port where you'd just need to purchase a mini-display -> hdmi adapter (see: Moshi Mini DP to HDMI Adapter with Audio Support - Apple Store (U.S.) ) unfortunately, I think you have the model prior to the mid 2010 model that supports audio out the mini-display port, but I may be confused on the models.

Another option would be something like: Amazon.com: Kanex iAdapt 51 Mini DisplayPort to HDMI with 5.1 Channel Digital Audio: Electronics - this is the kanex model, there is one made by another company as well whose name I can't remember off the top of my head. Basically, it requires a mini-display port, the optical portion of the audio port (the audio port on the MBP has optical) and a USB port (for power)

My Macs: Late 2013 rMBP w/ 750m; Mac mini G4, 1.25 GHz, 512m ram (server); Late 2011 11" MBA, 1.8GHz i7, 4Gig Ram, 256Gig SSD, HD3000; Powerbook 12" G4 1.33GHz running Debian as a server; Apple TV (1080p version)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« DVD too thick for MacBook? | connecting hd camcorder to imac »