Turn Keynote presentation into DVD movie

I just joined this forum today. I have a quick question:

I really need to turn my Keynote presentation into a DVD with chapters and submenus.

The presentation has been exported to .mov format and dropped in iDVD. It looks good on the screen, the only problem is that when I export this iDVD file the resolution changes and no matter what I do I lose the quality of my original .mov files from Keynote.

I did some research and discovered that there seems to be a glitch within the Keynote/iDVD transfer process; it always loses quality when you export the final product. I think I can preserve the quality if I export the Keynote presentation to a lossless PNG movie but Keynote won’t let me do that!

Does anyone know a way to get arournd this? Or is there a program other than iDVD that will allow me to turn my (Keynote) .mov files into a high quality DVD with chapters and submenus? I'm very new to this, please help

Victoria, BC
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    The problem isn't iDVD; it's a limitation of DVDs.

DVDs play standard-definition video ONLY. That's 720x480 @ 72dpi. Anything higher rez than that gets downscaled.

Refashion your Keynote slideshow to those dimensions, export as a movie and iDVD should be able to handle it just fine. There will be a LITTLE degradation due to the compression to MPEG-2, but should basically look great. Our cam club does this all the time for presentations.

Thread Information